- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Thursday 9 January 2014

The Black and White Rug...You Know the One

The black and white Stockholm rug from Ikea would have to be the most sought after rug out there right? This rug has featured countless times in design blogs, magazines, TV shows and movies. I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own twitter account!

Ikea opened in Doha March 2013, the excitement around the expat and local community was palpable. Seriously, it was like Kate and William were coming to town. It was all anyone could talk about! At school pickup you'd hear most Mums talking about whether they were going to go when it first opened or wait for the rush to die down.

I of course took the day off work, kept Sadie home from school and we made the trek out to Ikea on it's 2nd day of operation. All my Christmases had come at once. Finally I could get good cheap home wares to decorate the house with. Sadie still talks about the day she got to skip school and go to Ikea. She loves the place, actually she loves the ice creams more so than the flat packs.

One of my first purchases was the Stockholm rug. We had not long moved into our new house and I decided I wanted to change my look. Gone was my traditional, safe decorating style, in it's place was more colour and a much more contemporary feel.

Me and My Stockholm

I originally placed the rug in our living room however with a golden retriever that sheds hair constantly and a rug made from pure wool, the two did not mix. So I have now moved the rug up to my office. My office is a shambles. I'm still trying to work out how I will decorate it but I know this, the Stockholm rug will anchor this room. I love it!

Here are some fab ways the Stockholm has been used in homes.

Fun and Funky Children's Play Room

Living Room Glamour

Pink, Black and Lots of Texture

Sophisticated Bedroom

Do you have the Stockholm rug in your home? Would love to see how you've used it.

x


No comments: