- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Monday 13 January 2014

Golden Globes 2014 - Hits and Misses



I absolutely, positively love awards season in Hollywood. I'm a huge fan of film and television. Every year I sit glued to the TV watching both the Golden Globes and the Oscars. I think though that "Who are you wearing?" has taken over from the actual awards most of the time and a bigger deal is made of the red carpet than anything else. 


Best Dressed Goes To...
I've never seen Cate look bad. She nails her look each and every time. She always takes a risk without jumping off a ledge. 

Cate Blanchett in Armani

Hits of the Red Carpet
Lena Dunham in Zac Posen
Lupita Nyongo'o in Ralph Lauren
Michelle Dockery in Oscar De La Renta
Margot Robbie in Gucci
Naomi Watts in Tom Ford
Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera 
Vintage Queen, Zooey Deschanel in Oscar De La Renta

Jessica Chastain in Givenchy
Played it Too Safe

Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad

Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein 
Misses of the Red Carpet

Amber Heard in Atelier Versace
The dress is superb but the hairstyle ages her beyond belief! 
Emma Thompson in Vintage Lanvin
This vintage Lanvin is divine. I absolutely love it and Emma has a rocking body however the hairstyle is so ageing on such a beautiful woman.

Drew Barrymore in Monique Lhuiller
Drew is glowing, her hair and makeup is superb but I"m not sure what's going on with this dress. It's the capped sleeves I don't like very much. Had it been strapless I think it would have looked a lot better.

Emma Watson in Dior
This is too dressed down for me, not glamourous enough. There are too many things going on with this look with the dress, blue shoes and then the trousers underneath. I kind of feel like this is a bit to try hard.

Heidi Klum in Marchesa
The fabric is atrocious and the necklace is very 1990s!

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
I love Jennifer Lawrence, I love everything about her. She's the reason I chopped off all my hair recently. I'm not digging this dress though. It looks like a petticoat and she forgot to put the actual dress on. 

Julia Roberts in Dolce and Gabana
Julia's hair and makeup is gorgeous but I feel like this dress has been done before. It reminds me of the Valentino dress/shirt combo that was last season.

Tina Fey
She's hilarious, I love her but this dress is a shocker. I think though that she does this on purpose every awards season. I think she actually likes getting on the worst dressed list.

Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung
I've not heard of this designer before. There is too much going on with this dress. Zoe is a beautiful girl  but this dress does not do her any justice.

What were your hits and misses from the Red Carpet?

No comments: