- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Pea and Mint Soup

This soup holds a very dear place in my heart. I have stolen the recipe from a good friend. I met Ange a little over two years ago here in Doha. We became fast friends. We had the same sense of humour, we loved a good glass of bubbles and we would spend hours giggling away like school girls. Ange was also my hairdresser. Every month I would go to her home where she would cut, colour and feed me Pea and Mint Soup. Ange has since moved back to Australia and while I miss her terribly, I know that a good bowl of this soup makes her feel a little closer.


Ingredients
Olive oil
1 brown onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
3 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
1kg frozen peas
1/3 cup mint leaves chopped
Sour cream (optional) (I use low fat sour cream)

Method
1. Over medium-high heat gently cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft and transparent.
2. Add stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add peas and mint, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Set soup aside to cool slightly
5. Blend soup until smooth (I do prefer mine slightly chunky, it's up to you)
6. Reheat soup in saucepan
7. Serve soup hot and garnish with sour cream and a mint leaf.

No comments: