- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Wednesday 29 June 2011

My Hair & Beauty Essentials

I have an addiction, a very strong addiction, one that was passed on to me by my very own Mother! Now before you have me packed off to rehab let me share with you what this addiction is...makeup, skincare and hair products!

I'm obsessed! I love makeup, I love how I can change the way my face looks to suit what I'm wearing or what kind of mood I'm in. I love playing around with different colours and techniques and you will NEVER see me leave the house without at least a bit of mascara, foundation and my eyebrows done. My daytime look at the moment is dewy skin, nude eyes, pink cheeks and bright pop of colour on the lips. At night I still like to play up my eyes and keep my lips neutral.

Before entering the world of advertising, I actually worked as a Beauty Therapist. There were parts of the job I hated, like giving a woman a bikini wax who'd been wearing stockings all day! However, one of my favourite treatments were facials and helping women (and some men) overcome any skin issues they had. I still go back and forth about wanting to open up my own Salon one day...

I have been using Ella Bache since I was about 13 however I can't get it here in Doha and it's too much of a pain to have it shipped over to me so for the last 3 years I've been trying out different skin care lines to see if I can find anything as good as Elle Bache. Nothing compares to my love of Ella however surprisingly the Sephora range has come close! 

Here are my beauty essentials that I'm into right now...



Daisy for Day and Coco for Night

Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara - excellent volume!

My go to foundation is always MAC Studio Fix and I've been playing around with the dewy look this summer.

I have frizzy hair so using Frederik Fekkai's protein spray is a must everyday and to play up my curls I use KMS Sea Salt Spray and when going out I use heat protectant & serum to help straighten my hair. I also have a huge love of Elnett Satin Hairspray!

I'm right into bold bright lips this summer!

The Sephora Skin Care Range and Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream - every person in the world should own a tube of Eight Hour Cream!

I can't stand that fake tan orange oompa loompa look BUT to give my skin a slight glow I use Lancaster light bronzing toner on my face and Sephora tinted body moisturizer for my legs and arms.
What are your hair and beauty essentials? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My essential ingredient is a three-in-one primer, sunscreen and moisturiser.