- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Tuesday 22 February 2011

All Hail Chanel



I remember the first time I heard the word Chanel. It was the 80's and I was with my Mother at her friends house. My Mum's friend had just purchased a new black quilted Chanel handbag and they were gazing at this tiny black quilted handbag like you would a new born baby. I remember thinking to myself wow this handbag must be really special.

Fast forward twenty years and I totally get it! I've been in love with Chanel for a good decade now. It started off with the makeup and perfume, slowly climbing to my first pair of Chanel sunglasses and a pair of earrings my parents gave me for my 30th birthday.

However, my obsession got out of control once we landed in the Middle East. I see at least 15 Chanel handbags on the arms of local women on a daily basis! No matter where you go you are bombarded with all things Chanel!

Whilst living in Abu Dhabi, I was very very fortunate to purchase myself a pair of classic nude Chanel ballet flats and a pair of gorgeous Chanel sandals with the iconic camelia flower on them. And recently I added a baby quilted black handbag to my collection.

I know Mr D. wishes his wife was not interested in all things designer but I just can't help myself! I adore accessories and am quite content buying my clothes from Zara, H&M and GAP so that I can afford the pure luxury of a divine handbag. The way I sell it to Mr D. is that these handbags are priceless and one day I can pass down to Lady Sadie..but seriously who am I kidding I plan to be buried with my little baby quilted handbag!!

*Images courtesy of iStock

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So maybe I could get my daughter to bring something Chanel back for her mummy, when she visits you