- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.VW1d2FQI.dpuf

Friday 8 April 2011

Princess Birthday Cake




Lady Sadie turned 3 on Thursday and I set myself a challenge...to bake her the most fabulous princess cake! For her first birthday we celebrated back in Sydney so my Mum was able to bake her the most prettiest of cakes and last year I ordered in a Minnie Mouse cake but this year I wanted to do it myself.

Sadie told me she wanted lots of pink and a princess on top. It took me most of the day as I only had one round cake tin so had to bake 2 cakes separately and don't even get me started on the cake decorating...a very steady hand is needed!

But in the end it all worked out, it tasted delicious and Sadie had a fab time!

I used an Ina Garten recipe which you can see here. I adapted it slightly as you can see, plus I made extra yellow icing to use in between the cakes and also for decoration.








No comments: